Tip #69: Poach chicken breasts for a delicious dinner!
Many of you comment how hard it is to prepare nutritious meals with a demanding schedule. I agree it’s not easy. So it’s important to take a look at some meals that take mins to prepare, and turn out a delightful dinner. Hence today’s tip and recipe for poached chicken breast with new potatoes and asparagus. I love balsamic vinegar and at 2 calories per tablespoon, it’s a great meal addition! Although I haven’t tried it yet, you can rest assure that it will be making it’s way to our dinner table this week!
Try it out and let me know what you think.
Best in health...
Balsamic Poached Chicken
(15 mins. prep – Cook time, 1 hour 5 mins)
1 lb. new potatoes, halved and quartered
3 T. olive oil
1 t. kosher salt
¼ t. black pepper
1 lb. asparagus
1 14 oz. can low sodium chicken broth
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 ½ lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place potatoes in a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Toss and roast for 30 mins.
3. Add asparagus to the pan with the potatoes. Roast until asparagus is tender (~12 mins).
4. In a saucepan, bring broth and vinegar to a boil. Add the chicken if necessary enough water (up to a ½ cup) to cover it. Simmer 1 minute. Cover and remove from heat. Keep covered! Set aside and until cooked through, about 15 mins.
5. Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Simmer liquid and reduce to 1/3 cup, (~ 10 mins.). Thickly slice chicken and drizzle with balsamic vinegar mixture.