Tip #50, Prepare Nutritious Meals
No, this is not a misprint. I thought I would carry it over for another day, as I received a great recipe to share from Debbie after yesterday’s tip!
Here's a one pan meal that's healthy and colorful with a Mexican kick.
- 1 bunch of fresh collard greens - rinsed and chopped to about 1 inch squares
- 1 clove of garlic pressed or minced
- olive oil
- 1 can of black beans rinsed - or your favorite beans - (dried beans can be used but you need to soak them ahead of time)
- 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes - these have jalepeno peppers mixed in them
- 1 box of Goya yellow rice
- 1 cube of Knorrs Vegetable broth in 2 cups of water
- add Cumin to taste
Cover the bottom of a sauté pan in olive oil add the garlic on a slow simmer.
When the garlic is translucent, add chopped collard greens and slowly simmer until they are bright green.
Add black beans and Rotel tomatoes simmer till warmed
add 2 cups of Knorrs vegetable broth
add yellow rice
cover, bring to a quick boil and then let it slowly simmer until rice is cooked - about 20-25 minutes
Finish with Cumin to taste