Tip #109: Banana bread that is good for you!
This recipe came form one of our readers. (Thanks Kari!) I plan on making it today:-)
1¾ c. whole wheat flour
¾ c. ground flaxseed
¾ c. sugar (Kari uses Succanat or half that if using honey)
1 t. baking powder
½ t. baking soda
½ t, salt (Kari uses a little less)
1/3 c. canola oil
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1. Beat eggs and oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix flour together flour, flaxseed, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add bananas
4. Add eggs and oil and stir until moist.
5. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degree oven for one hour.
Kari slices and freezes individual slices. When you want a slice, pop in the toaster, and top with Almond butter. Yum!
Thanks Kari! Please share you favorite recipes with all of us.